The Collections Specialist will assist in collection of HFS (Hopkins Fulfillment Services) accounts. This will include phone calls to customers with past due balances, reviewing discrepancies with clients, reconciling accounts, assisting in keying payments from client presses and individuals, processing and collecting journal division manual invoices for back issues. The position handles customer order and account problems and works with and through the customer to resolve any issues. HFS processes orders on an annual basis in excess of $30 million.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing customer service and client support
- Posting check, wire, ACH and credit card payments
- Collection of outstanding balances
- Monthly maintenance of the Aged Trial Balance (Customer Record)
- Researching chargebacks and discrepancies
- Account maintenance (balance adjustments, registering new accounts, maintaining customer contact information, etc.)
- Answering customer emails, calls, and written correspondences
- Position occasionally provides support/backup to the Customer Service Department and Cashier
- Other duties as assigned
- High school graduate with 1 related experience required (additional education may substitute for some experience).
- Additional experience preferred. Aptitude for numbers; accurate; detail oriented; computer literate preferably experience with spreadsheet packages (Excel); good communication skills.
- Experience in banking, accounting or finance a plus.
- This position interacts with retail stores, wholesalers, college professors, staff members of client presses, authors, and the general public. The ability to communicate well orally and in written form is essential.
- Attention to detail is a must.
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
- Bookkeeping, SAP, Microsoft Office experience (especially Excel)
The Fulfillment System Administrator's primary responsibilities will be executing daily operational aspects relating to the THINK Subscription Enterprise fulfillment system, as well as serving as a team member on all Web- and data-integration projects that utilize the THINK system. Under the direction of the Fulfillment System Project Manager, the Fulfillment System Administrator will be the primary internal contact for requirements gathering for new system setups and reports and change requests to existing setups and reports. The Fulfillment System Administrator will serve as a secondary point-of-contact between the Press and the system manufacturer, with responsibilities to track bug fixes and enhancement requests.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Updating existing system setups and creating setups for new publications and association/membership products.
- Providing end-user support to identify and resolve system errors, including support to internal customer-service representatives, marketing personnel, internal and external application developers, accountants and other consumers of financial data, as well as online customers.
- Identifying requirements, testing implementations, and creating and maintaining documentation for all Web-based e-commerce applications and data-integration projects based on the THINK system API.
- Providing on-demand reports and data analysis to internal customers.
- Transforming data received from outside sources to meet system specifications for importing customer and order data.
- Troubleshooting and documenting system issues for escalation to the system manufacturer.
- Maintaining internal documentation to augment and enhance documentation supplied by the system manufacturer.
- Identifying and documenting potential system enhancements.
- Testing system upgrades.
- Troubleshooting system-specific networking and infrastructure issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Additional experience may be substituted for education.
- One year of related work experience with computer systems and applications required. Additional education may substitute for experience.
- The demonstrated ability to think creatively while working within a team structure is essential, as is the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Experience working with subscription-based business systems in a publishing environment preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience working with relational databases, Crystal Reports, and structured data a plus.
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.Click here to apply for this position
The Digital Marketing Manager will join a team of exceptional professionals committed to bringing knowledge to international audiences in innovative ways that advances teaching and research and enlightens dialog and decisions that affect people’s lives worldwide. As part of the marketing and sales department within the Books Division of Johns Hopkins University Press, the digital marketing manager is responsible for audience development, email and social media marketing, web development, digital advertising, testing, and marketing analytics for 150+ titles each year and 4,000+ backlist titles. This person will have the opportunity to experiment with new ways of engaging readers and in using analytics to drive iterative and agile promotional activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and implementing digital marketing activities to develop audiences, drive engagement, increase sales, and derive audience insights, ensuring maximum dissemination of ideas and achieving financial goals.
- Managing e-mail marketing program for all audience segments with the goals of community building, list growth, engagement, and conversion to sales.
- Creating paid social media campaigns and developing social listening capabilities and influencer programs across all social platforms, continuously testing and optimizing the approach.
- Managing the Books Division Web site including project managing the next version of the site. Creating ways for visitors to sample content, modernizing the e-commerce aspects of the site, and testing pricing—all to enable maximum discovery, longer engagement, lower bounce rates, and boost sales directly to consumers.
- Collaborating with analytics professionals at the press and overseeing and implementing audience insight programs for books.
- Working with a small team of agile promotion and design professionals. Sharing learning opportunities for the department to stay abreast of new technologies, knowledge, and skills.
- Opening new markets for books; exploiting existing ones.
- Monitoring industry trends and the competitive landscape, identifying gaps that JHUP could effectively fill and proposing changes to the digital marketing strategy.
- Working with Co-Directors of Marketing and Sales and CFO to help create rational budgets and deliver revenue and expense outcomes that meet or exceed those budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years of digital marketing experience with 8 years of experience strongly preferred.
- Certificate or degree in digital marketing or similar discipline.
- Extensive experience in conducting online testing, pulling analytics, and iterating online tactics based on data.
- Knowledge of publishing not required but a plus.
- Stellar at all aspects of communication.
- Demonstrated ability to form collaborative teams.
- Creative thinker; embracing new ideas; managing change; passionate about exploiting the potential of JHUP.
- Inclusive in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Fluidity in operating at a high level of abstraction to the details necessary to implement on a daily basis.
- Excel in effective use of resources; keen self-awareness of strengths and weaknesses.