Thank you for your interest in Johns Hopkins University Press journals. Click below to move directly to the information you seek:
- Back Volumes & Single Issues
- Online References Pricing Information
- Payment Information
- Journal Pricing Information
- Subscription Terms & Policies
- eTOC Alerts
Individual subscriptions to our journals are available in print or electronic format. If you are interested in purchasing both formats, please contact Customer Service for a discounted rate.
To subscribe 24/7 to journals and selected special/back issues using our secure third-party payment system, go to our Subscribe to Hopkins Journals page.
Order by Phone
Call our toll-free number, 1-800-548-1784, to place your order Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Eastern Time. Outside the USA and Canada, please call 410-516-6987. If you reach our Customer Service voicemail, please leave a message with your callback number and the best time to contact you. Your call will be returned within 24 business hours.
Order by Fax, Email, or Mail
Please include the name of the journal, length of subscription, and your name, address, and daytime phone number.
- FAX your order 24/7 to 410-516-6968
- EMAIL your order 24/7 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- MAIL your order to
Johns Hopkins University Press
Journals Publishing Division
P.O. Box 19966
Baltimore, MD 21211-0966 USA
To ensure that your subscription is delivered in a timely manner, please make sure we have your current address. To update your delivery information or manage your account, click on “My Account” at the top of this page, call us at 1-800-548-1784, or email email@example.com.
Please refer to the below Subscription Terms & Policies before placing an order. All journals are shipped by air-freight outside North America. Prepayment is required for all orders.
Back Volumes & Single Issues
- Print back issues for the current and previous two volumes may be obtained from the Johns Hopkins University Press if copies are available. Contact us at 1-800-548-1784 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information. Include the name of the journal, volume and issue number, and your name, address, and daytime phone number.
- An inventory of available back issues for the following Presses is available:
- Johns Hopkins University Press Current Inventory
- Penn State University Press Current Inventory
- Ohio State University Press Current Inventory
- Indiana University Press Current Inventory
- ASCSA-Hesperia Current Inventory
- For Catholic University of America Press and University Press of Florida back issue information, please email: email@example.com
- Orders for 10 or more copies of a back issue will receive a 10% discount.
- Domestic postage and handling: Add $4.00 for one issue and $1.00 for each additional issue.
- Foreign postage and handling: Add $5.00 for one issue and $1.00 for each additional issue.
- Copies of print issues from volumes that are three or more years old may be obtained through Periodicals Service Company (PSC). Please contact PSC for further information.
Online References Pricing Information
Two outstanding online references from the Johns Hopkins University Press deliver seminal works and cutting-edge scholarship to students and scholars.
- The Papers of Dwight David Eisenhower—The most comprehensive collection of the 34th U.S. president's most significant writings. Individual subscriptions are $125.00/year and must be prepaid. Order now.
- The Johns Hopkins Guide to Literary Theory and Criticism—A comprehensive historical survey of the field's most important figures, schools, and movements. Individual subscriptions are $100.00/year and must be prepaid. Order now.
- Checks or money orders should be made payable to Johns Hopkins University Press.
- American Express, Discover, VISA, and MasterCard are accepted. Do not send credit card information by email; fax, mail, or call a customer service representative to provide your credit card information, which will be processed through a secure third-party payment center.
- Payments for orders outside the United States, including Canada, must be made by credit card, checks drawn on a U.S. bank and payable in U.S. dollars, or by an international money order.
- Canadian residents add appropriate GST (Goods and Services Tax) (#124004946RT).
- Residents of the following states add appropriate sales tax: California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, and Washington.
Journal Pricing Information
Prices are subject to change without notice.
- The 2023 Johns Hopkins University Press Journals Individual Price List is in effect as of September 1, 2022.
- The 2023 Penn State University Press Journals Individual Price List is in effect as of September 1, 2022.
- The 2023 Catholic University of America Press Journals Individual Price List is in effect as of September 1, 2022.
- The 2023 Ohio State University Press Journals Individual Price List is in effect as of September 1, 2022.
- The 2023 University of Florida Press Journals Individual Price List is in effect as of September 1, 2022.
- The 2023 Cornell University Press Journals Individual Price List is in effect as of September 1, 2022.
- The 2023 Indiana University Press Journals Individual Price List is in effect as of September 1, 2022.
Subscription Terms & Policies
- All individual subscriptions begin with the current issue. To change the start date of your subscription, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our toll-free number, 1-800-548-1784 (outside the USA and Canada, call 410-516-6987).
- Individual rates apply to subscriptions ordered by individuals for their personal use and paid for by personal check or credit card.
- No separate indexes for the annual volumes are published. Indexes, if any, are found in the last issue of the volume.
- You may request a sample journal copy; however, current issues cannot be sent as samples. Sample issues of all our journals are available online at Project MUSE: https://muse.jhu.edu.
- Please allow 4–6 weeks for shipment of domestic orders and 6–10 weeks for international orders.
Cancellations & Refunds
- We accept cancellations; refunds for non-mailed print issues will be prorated. Please allow 6–8 weeks to receive your refund. There are no refunds on electronic orders.
Claiming a Missing Issue
- If claims are received within 3 months of publication date, issues lost in the mail or damaged will be replaced one time, free of charge. In all other cases, charges for replacement issues will be prorated.
- Before making a claim, please check our Publication Status Schedule, which provides actual and projected mail dates for the current volume of all Hopkins Press titles. (Note that we have status reports but not projected publication dates for titles we distribute for other publishers.)
- To claim a missing issue, email email@example.com or call our toll-free number, 1-800-548-1784 (outside the USA and Canada, call 410-516-6987). Include your name, address, the issue in question (journal title, volume, and issue number), and your preferred contact information.
- Hopkins Press attempts to contact subscribers when an issue is returned due to an undeliverable address, but our obligation to fulfill the subscription ends once 6 months have passed and we still do not have current information.
- The delivery of print subscriptions has improved but continues to face minor local delays. Delivery in North America has been delayed by personnel shortages, supply chain delays, and various local weather conditions. Delivery to US locations can take up to 5-7 weeks; delivery to Canada and Mexico, can take up to 6-8 weeks.
Delivery outside of North America has been delayed by personnel shortages at post offices and customs offices, supply chain delays, various local weather conditions, and strikes in industries responsible for delivery. Delivery outside of North America can take up to 9-12 weeks.
- Because of these circumstances, we will be extending our claims period but will not be able to replace missing journals until enough time has passed for delivery. Please note that it will also take several months for replacement issues to arrive once they are shipped.