Thank you for your interest in Johns Hopkins University Press journals. Click below to move directly to the information you seek:
- New Hopkins Press Titles
- Back Volumes & Single Issues
- Online References Pricing Information
- Payment Information
- Journal Pricing Information
- Subscription Terms & Policies
- eTOC Alerts
New 2022/2023 Hopkins Press Titles
Cusp: Late 19th-/Early 20th-Century Cultures is a new home for field-defining scholarship on the works, authors, artists, problems, and phenomena that defined the dynamic period from the late 19th century to the early 20th century. Cusp encourages interdisciplinary scholarship, including (but not limited to) work on literature, the visual arts and cinema, theatre studies, intellectual history, publishing, periodical studies, and music. All movements and genres will feature in the articles and reviews on its pages, from detective fiction to journalism, aestheticism to anarchism, realism to Vorticism. Our journal welcomes new perspectives on canonical authors, artists, and events of the period, as well as hitherto marginalized voices. We also intend to center a more global or transnational approach to the period. Contributions that explore literature and culture from across the globe, from Great Britain, Ireland, and North America to Europe, the Middle East, South America, Africa, and Australasia, will be an essential element in the journal’s contents.
Founded in 1948, World Politics is an internationally renowned quarterly journal of political science produced under the editorial sponsorship of the Princeton Institute for International and Regional Studies at Princeton University. World Politics publishes analytical and theoretical articles, review articles, and research notes in international relations, comparative politics, political theory, foreign policy, and modernization. It does not publish strictly historical material, articles on current affairs, policy pieces, or narratives of a journalistic nature.
The Brookings Papers on Economic Activity (BPEA) is a semi-annual academic conference and journal that pairs rigorous research with real-time policy analysis to address the most urgent economic challenges of the day. Working drafts of the papers are presented and discussed at the conference typically held twice each year in spring and fall. The final papers and discussion comments are subsequently published with writeups of general discussions from each conference in the journal.
J19 is the official publication of C19: The Society of Nineteenth-Century Americanists. Published twice annually, the journal will be dedicated to publishing innovative research on and analysis of the "long nineteenth century" (1783-1914).
New Titles distributed by Hopkins Press
Hesperia is published quarterly by the American School of Classical Studies at Athens. Founded in 1932 to publish the work of the School, the journal welcomes submissions from all scholars working in the fields of Greek archaeology, art, epigraphy, history, materials science, ethnography, and literature, from earliest prehistoric times onward. Hesperia is a refereed journal, available in both print and electronic formats.
Institutional subscriptions to our journals are available in print, electronic, or combined print+electronic format.
Order by Phone
Call our toll-free number, 1-800-548-1784, to place your order Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Eastern Time. Outside the USA and Canada, please call 410-516-6987. If you reach our Customer Service voicemail, please leave a message with your callback number and the best time to contact you. Your call will be returned within 24 business hours.
Order by Email, Fax, or Mail
Please include the name of the journal, length of subscription, and your name, address, and daytime phone number.
- EMAIL your order 24/7 to email@example.com
- FAX your order to 410-578-2865
MAIL your order to:
Johns Hopkins University Press
Journals Publishing Division
P.O. Box 19966
Baltimore, MD 21211-0966 USA
To ensure that your subscription is delivered in a timely manner, please make sure we have your current address. To update your delivery information or manage your account, click on “My Account” at the top of this page, call us at 1-800-548-1784, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to the below Subscription Terms & Policies before placing an order. All journals are shipped by air-freight outside North America.
Back Volumes & Single Issues
- Print back issues for the current and previous two volumes may be obtained from the Johns Hopkins University Press if copies are available. Contact us at 1-800-548-1784 or via email to email@example.com for additional information. Include the name of the journal, volume and issue number, and your name, address, and daytime phone number.
- An inventory of available back issues for the following Presses is available:
- Johns Hopkins University Press Current Inventory
- Penn State University Press Current Inventory
- Ohio State University Press Current Inventory
- Indiana University Press Current Inventory
- ASCSA - Hesperia Current Inventory
- For Catholic University of America Press and University Press of Florida back issue information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Orders for 10 or more copies of a back issue will receive a 10% discount.
- Domestic postage and handling: Add $4.00 for one issue and $1.00 for each additional issue.
- Foreign postage and handling: Add $5.00 for one issue and $1.00 for each additional issue.
- Copies of print issues from volumes that are three or more years older may be obtained through Periodicals Service Company (PSC). Please contact PSC for further information.
Online References Pricing Information
Hopkins Press delivers seminal works and cutting-edge scholarship to students and scholars through several outstanding online references. See Institutional Subscription Plans and Pricing for details.
- Prepayment is required for all orders.
- Checks or money orders should be made payable to Johns Hopkins University Press.
- American Express, Discover, VISA, and MasterCard are accepted. Do not send credit card information by email; fax, mail, or call a customer service representative to provide your credit card information, which will be processed through a secure third-party payment center.
- Payments for orders outside the United States, including Canada, must be made by credit card, checks drawn on a U.S. bank and payable in U.S. dollars, or by an international money order.
- Canadian institutions add appropriate GST (Goods and Services Tax) (#124004946RT).
- Non-tax-exempt institutions located in the following states add appropriate sales tax: California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, and Washington.
Journal Pricing Information
Agencies receive a 5% discount on the subscription rate; there is no discount on postage. Agencies must provide our customer reference number on each order to receive discount.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
- The 2024 Johns Hopkins University Press Journals Institutional Price List is in effect as of September 1, 2023.
- The 2024 Penn State University Press Journals Institutional Price List is in effect as of September 1, 2023.
- The 2024 Catholic University of America Press Journals Institutional Price List is in effect as of September 1, 2023.
- The 2024 Ohio State University Press Journals Institutional Price List is in effect as of September 1, 2023.
- The 2024 University Press of Florida Journals Institutional Price List is in effect as of September 1, 2023.
- The 2024 Cornell University Press Journals Institutional Price List is in effect as of September 1, 2023.
- The 2024 Indiana University Press Journals Institution Price List is in effect as of September 1, 2023.
- See also Single Title Options and Prices.
Subscription Terms & Policies
- All institutional print subscriptions start on a volume-year basis. Most volume years are calendar-year based. Those journals published on an academic-year basis are available either on the volume year or calendar year.
- All institutional electronic subscriptions run from January 1 to December 31 and provide access to all issues of the journal during that period. Electronic subscriptions do not provide perpetual access to the issues of a given volume. For additional information regarding electronic subscriptions please review our Single Title Terms.
- Institutional rates apply to any subscriptions ordered or paid for by libraries, schools, academic departments, government agencies, and businesses.
- No separate indexes for the annual volumes are published. Indexes, if any, are found in the last issue of the volume.
- Please allow 4–6 weeks for shipment of domestic orders and 6–10 weeks for international orders.
Cancellations and Refunds
- We accept cancellations; refunds for non-mailed print issues will be prorated. Please allow 6–8 weeks to receive your refund. There are no refunds on electronic orders.
Claiming a Missing Issue
- If claims are received within 3 months of publication date, issues lost in the mail or damaged will be replaced one time, free of charge. In all other cases, charges for replacement issues will be prorated.
- Before making a claim, please check our Publication Schedule Status, which provides actual and projected mail dates for the current volume of all Hopkins Press titles. (Note that we have status reports but not projected publication dates for titles we distribute for other publishers.)
- To claim a missing issue, email email@example.com. Include your customer’s name, address, the issue in question (journal title, volume, and issue number), and your preferred contact information.
Hopkins attempts to contact subscribers when an issue is returned due to an undeliverable address, but our obligation to fulfill the subscription ends once 6 months have passed and we still do not have current information.